Sunday, September 8, 2013

Articles & Reference Links

While there was a lot of great resources on the Articles & Reference Links page, I have to admit that I am a sucker for TED Talks. I probably ate up all of my required time watching films from the TED links.

I loved the set-up of the TED Talks for Teachers link, organized by content area. As a lover of math, I was excited an amazed by some of the videos in the math section, but I did wonder a bit about wether I could find some more films that would fit in this category that would be appropriate to share with my students. Arthur Benjamin's Mathemagic talk would certainly engage them, I just wish that he had spent a little bit more time explaining how he performs his "tricks".


Teaching with TED was also really cool. The talk I watched by Dave Eggers through this site was so inspiring. My only disappointment was that some of the links in the Glogster section of the blog (that I was really excited to watch) didn't work for me.


This led me to the TED Talks by Name link which seems to be just a spreadsheet of just about every TED Talk out there. I wish there were better organization tools. I could not see exactly how the list was organized and wound up using the Find tool (command F) to find what I was looking for, which isn't very efficient. 


I will definitely be spending some more time on all of these sites!

1 comment:

  1. I like the TED Talk Videos too. I watched one about, to over generalize, the "haves vs. the have nots". It was about taking technology to ghettos and third world countries and how much it has inspired kids to learn. An iphone or one ipad opened a whole new world for these kids and inspired them to get an education and to see the value of an education. It was great!

    ReplyDelete